Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Racing In Spite Of Injuries

by Denise Matteau

Reinhard Zeuner, a long-time member of the Jesus-Christians, competed in a Kentucky charity race in 2006, in which he came in 295th out of a field of 515 runners. The race was to benefit Organ Donation Awareness, and organ donation is a special charity of the Jesus-Christians. Zeuner had been beaten almost to death not long before being able to compete in this race, and so his ability to rise to the challenge deserves special recognition.

Besides being kicked in various parts of his body including his head and face by several enraged young men in Long Beach, California, Zeuner has had to endure the continuous stalking presence of agents of the Rick Ross Institute, whose anti-cult propaganda contributed greatly to the emotional pressure on the attackers. The attackers beleived Zeuner to be part of a 30-member cult that steals kidneys, so one can only wonder what the propagandists would have told them about the thousands of people gathering in Kentucky every year for the US Transplant Games! Even today, in 2010, the Rick Ross Institute (RRI) posts what look like stalking notices in its forum, to alert all and sundry to its file on Zeuner's personal activities. Apparently, RRI is disappointed that Zeuner was able to rally and represent his team in the race.

Some of us couch potatoes might think it was an impossible athletic feat for a beating victim to be in a race, but looking at the video of that very event, 2006, you can see that this was not limited to athletes of Schwarzenegger-like prowess. Zeuner made it to the middle range among a field of surgery survivors and others who are not out to break Olympic records.



RRI's continuing insults to this brave man are an insult to all humanity. Here is the entry by RRI activist Brian Birmingham in today's thread, five years later:

http://forum.rickross.com/read.php?12,10965,page=476

It appears on the available evidence that Rheinard was assaulted and suffered serious injuries as a result of that assault. It is known that he was in hospital in May.


However, thankfully, as was accurately reported, he was sufficiently well enough to be entered in a 5km race in Kentucky in June. I use the word entered, to avoid any semantic issues over, run, walk briskly or walk. He was 295 out of 511 competitors. I use the word, thankfully, because I know of anyone on this forum that wishes Rheinard or any member of the Jesus Christians physical harm.


No one to my knowledge has defended the assault or claimed that Rheinard had it coming. Nor that he exaggerated his injuries or was faking. However, the public may have been under the impression, in the absence of any information to the contrary, that Rheinard was still incapacitated in June.


I was certainly happy to see a smiling, healthy looking Rheinard sitting with the rest of the team in Kentucky and glad that he was out of Hospital.


This quote from a man who has posted hundreds, yes hundreds of pages of hate about the Jesus-Christians looks extremely sarcastic to me and it is followed up by a few posts from Agur aka Sisi aka Verity Evangelene in the same thread:
It must make the Jesus Christians so glad that the injuries were less serious than once thought.
I wonder if the insurance company that paid out feels relieved too?
I wonder if the insurance company was aware of the race?
Now I would never deny anyone medical care but I am curious who paid the medical bills?


Does Agur think that Zeuner would have healed if he had NOT received expensive necessary medical care? In fact, he would have most likely died!
(Note: in my opening thread, "About This Blog", I describe this same person quoted, Agur, attacking me in another hate site because she discovered I once suffered a broken shoulder and asked the people responsible for the accident to pay the emergencvy room bill. My shoulder had a z-shaped full break in the ball joint and the doctor said it required a pin. Why does the RRI have these agents like Agur hiding behind nicnames while they randomly attack people based on whatever bits of gossip they can attach to our unhidden names and honest, open lives? I am not a Jesus-Christian, BTW and I do not personally believe in organ donation because my own religious beliefs prohibit transplant surgery, but that beside the point.)

Why is the Rick Ross Institute dredging up this five-year-old beating in its forum today and complaining about the fact that the victim survived well enough to compete in a charity race later that year? Why does RRI not recognize that the brain injuries suffered in the beating might not have affected the ability to race, even if many other life activities are still seriously affected? Very simple: the family involved in attacking the Jesus-Christian are presently involved in reconciliation and forgiveness, openly talking through their fears and resentments with the Jesus-Christians who also have their share of fear and resentment.

Here is a recent quotes from their dialogue with their son, who is a Jesus Christian:

Hi Son,
This is Dad again. I hope you are doing well.


Thank you for acknowledging that I am sincere in my responses to you. As I stated before this is not the proper arena to hold these sensitive discussions. We were embroiled in legal defenses for over 4 years. I was advised at that time not to discuss these matters. However, I have attempted to reconcile our differences against the advice of my lawyers.


The court process is exasperating and I wouldn't wish that process on my worst enemies. I have certainly learned my lesson. I can guarantee you that I will not attempt to harm anyone in your group. You are fully grown and your days of high school have long been over. I'm older now and a lot wiser.


There was a lot of misinformation about your group and the choices you made. The most important lesson I have learned is not to use physical strength to resolve conflicts. I realize it's okay to get angry but you have to keep control of your emotions.


I have never attempted to murder anyone. I may have fought but never with the intention of murder. I don't even remember actually kicking Reinhard. This incident has been tried in the criminal court, civil courts, and even in your own court. Time is valuable and we can't spend the rest of our lives defending the past.


I have accepted that you are a Jesus Christian and I am not trying to change that. The main objection I have is that you no longer have a personal relationship with your mother or I.


Let's move beyond fights and turmoil! There are so many positive things that we both have been experiencing and I would like to hear us share those things.
This is not the correct place to explain everything that happened.
It is very late here and I will have to close for now.
Love Always,
Dad

It may seem strange that the family is carrying on a public discussion with their son in the Jesus-Christian forum, but consider what they all would face from the army of libelous hate-stalkers that are coming out of the Rick Ross Institute if they tried to have private discussions after having lived through all the court cases related to the beating. No one would survive a campaign of character assasination and libelous propaganda like what Rick Ross is famous for promoting through gullible news outlets. RRI considers both sides the enemy now, because they are working together without paying fees and allowing themselves to be used as more anti-cult fear-fodder. Rick Ross Institute cannot easily continue attacking the Jesus Christians if an entire family that once believed the RRI's lies about them is now willing to meet with the J-C's on peaceful and perhaps even friendly terms, and RRI can't spin the conflict with lies as long as it is out in the open. Christians on both sides of a conflict can put something as ugly as the beating of Zeuner behind them and do it openly, letting their characters show in the process, warts and all. The Rick Ross Institute, which seeks to profit from promoting the kind of fear that leads to such violence, is now libeling all parties in its own collective rage at the possibility of Christian reconciliation.

Here is the actual beating that Zeuner survived:

No comments:

Post a Comment